Sunday, February 24, 2013

Before and After Dresser

Pin It
Well hello 2013! 

It's been too long, really.  I went back to work full-time and poor little sunny vanilla suffered...wah!  But the creative juices are still here, they just need a little more time.  Enter the dresser makeover.  Strobe lights please!  



So way back when, I found this little gem while "g-sale-ing" (that's code for going to garage sales) with my dad.  My daughter had outgrown her changing table and it was time for an upgrade.  I knew I wanted to make something, so we got down to business.  After a million garage sales, several cups of coffee, and a donut (or two or three), we found this.



Are you loving her curves, or what?  I knew in a second that this was the one.  We made a rock bottom offer of $25 and called this gal ours.



She did, however, need a face lift.  We removed her old knobs...


...filled in the double holes with wood filler...



...and sanded down the holes once they had a chance to dry.

We replaced the old knobs with vintage-y looking knobs from Home Depot and gave her a good sanding-down.  I applied a new white coat of paint and voila, a new-old dresser for our little gal.





Hope you enjoyed.


xo,
Jen

10 comments:

  1. This turned out great! What a difference. I love it :)

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love. I probably would have used the inner holes - but those little knobs are simply gorgeous!!! Are you sure you wanted to let your daughter have it? Wouldn't you rather it in your room? :)
    Sheree x0

    www.seaweedandraine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice job! I like it white and love the knobs! Very pretty piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out lovely, and those knobs are the perfect touch! I can't wait to get out of this apartment and start doing some furniture makeovers. They are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks nice! I love to see old furniture "loved again"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - saving an old piece of furniture is so much more satisfying than just buying a new one, right? Love the knobs you chose =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy, love, really like. We probably would purchased the inner pockets : however people small buttons are only gorgeous!!! Are you sure you desired to permit your own girl have it? Wouldn't you rather this in your area? :)
    cheap rs gold
    World of Warcraft Gold Kaufen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...