Monday, August 13, 2012

2 - 26 - Graduate. Hooray!

Pin It

We've had a busy month so far!  Our family kicked off August with two birthdays and a graduation celebration.

It was a proud day for all of us as my little sister accepted her Bachelor's degree in Economics on Friday.  A lot of hard work finally paid off!  And since I'm a bragging older sister, I should also mention that she was specially recognized during the ceremony for her community work and volunteer service.  We were all so happy for her!  The new baccalaureate also turned the big 2-6!!!!  I guess I still can call her my little sister...wink, wink.


After the ceremonies, we hopped in the car and drove to a great little restaurant nestled right on the river.  It was the perfect atmosphere to kick back, relax, and let the little ones run around.  That's a picture of the best low country boil I've ever had the pleasure of tasting.  Holy moly was it good!



Then on Sunday, our little gal celebrated two years of life.  I'm no different from most parents by saying that I just can't believe two years have already gone by.  {Please God, slow things down just a bit}.  We celebrated a birthday with my family and sister and then had another party back home for more family and friends.  After hearing the birthday song a few different times, she was able to sing along too.  It went a little something like this...

Hoppa birse-day you you

Hoppa birse-day you you



We spent the afternoon at Downtown Disney for more birthday fun!



Here's to all of you celebrating August birthdays and graduations!

xo,
Jen

8 comments:

  1. What a crazy first few weeks! How exciting for all the celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer seems to be the time for fun celebrations. Miss 2's candle looks very pretty. What was her cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were blueberry pancakes ;-) A birthday breakfast!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for catching us up! I'm going to have to pick your brain on how to set up my blog better!! :) Yours is so organized and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great month!! C is so cute! I hope she and O meet someday. :)

    Were you able to find a job?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen! Still on the hunt for a job...accepting prayers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to her!! It sure does go by fast!! Im an august birthday and my baby girl is due in a few days so she will be August as well!! Fun birthday month.
    I found your blog through the little giggler..one of my favorite reads:)
    anyway new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...