Well, my guest bedroom side table was in need of a little bargain TLC. I've had it since college and well, she's a little tired looking. She still needs a good paint job, but that's another post.
Here's what you'll need for your button art (fyi, I spray painted the frame before this picture was taken)
I thrifted this picture frame for $.80 and added a good coat of spray paint.
I first started by arranging the buttons in some sort of pattern. I liked the grid, but I didn't like the fabric because the pattern was to big for the small frame.
I switched out the fabric and chose a fabric with a smaller pattern. I took my fabri-tac and glued the fabric to inside of the frame.
Then I rearranged the buttons into a 3 x 3 grid and glued them into place with the fabri-tac.
I also purchased another frame (yep that says $.40) and two adorable buttons.
I used the frame as my template to line up the buttons one on top of the other.
These had to be sewed into place because the back of the buttons were not flat like above.
I used a pencil and lightly traced the inside of the frame onto the fabric. This acted as a guide for cutting the fabric to fit nicely in the frame. Just cut the fabric and place it into the frame.
Here's the end table with that extra bit of TLC.
Let's do the math...I spent $1.20 on the frames, $5.00 on buttons, and the fabric scraps were free. Not to shabby my friends, not too shabby.
P.S. The other frame is a picture I took in college on a study abroad program to Italy. Check out the town here.
Linking up to: Thriftaholics Weekly, Craftomaniac, Skip to my Lou, Life Made Lovely, Today's Creative Blog, and A Bowl Full of Lemons, Sew Much Ado, Someday Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Paisley Passions, Homemaker on a Dime